How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 [Easy Solutions]
Quickbooks is known among the millions of users for its outstanding service that it provides to different users. But the software stops work when some bug and glitch attacks it and creates hindrances to the system. In this guide below, we are going to discuss Quickbooks error 6073 that also occurs due to some reasons and made all the working hard to handle. In order to know more about this issue, the user has to read this full guide containing everything related to the error.
What is Quickbooks error 6073?
Quickbooks error -6073 usually enters into the system during accessing the company file with the extension .qbe in multi-user mode. You can get to know various factors and causes that lead to the error issue in the next section.
Causes of Quickbooks error code 6073
Below is a full list of different causes and factors that triggers Quickbooks error 6073.
- The host system finds that the system is logged in when the company file is opened by the remote operating system.
- The error also comes up if the user stores the file in a read-only network.
- When the files are stored in Unix or Linux computer and the user tries to sign in with multi-user mode to access the folder.
- Some user has opened the file in another system in multi-user mode.
How to eradicate the Quickbooks error -6073
The user needs to follow these solutions to eradicate Quickbooks error 6073.
Solution 1: Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- Try to download the most recent version of the Quickbooks tool hub and save the file.
- Open the file QuickBooksToolHUB.exe
- Moving on with the on-screen guidelines to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the icon to open.
- Now choose company file issues in the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Select run Quickbooks file doctor.
- In the file doctor, hit the company file from the drop-down menu.
- Or you can opt for the browse tab to look for the file.
- Select check your file and hit continue.
- End the task by entering the admin password and tap on next.
Solution 2: Fix Corrupted Network Data File
- First of all, open windows explorer and select start by right-clicking.
- Search for the folder that stores the Quickbooks company files.
- Perform a right-click on the company file with Network data and QB company file extension.
- Try to change the file extension to .ndold and hit enter.
- Now, the user needs to open Quickbooks and then the company file.
- In the end, Quickbooks will make another network data file for the company file.
Solution 3: Check ND and TL files
- Navigate to my computer and then hit the tools menu.
- Select the folder option.
- Move forward by visiting the view tab and then showing hidden files and folders.
- Once done with the process, try to open the data folder to verify Network data (ND) files and transactions log (TL) files.
- Right-click on the network data files and select properties.
- End the process by deleting the hidden option and selecting OK.
Solution 4: Manually resolving the issue
If any of the above solutions do not help you in rectifying the error issue then you can move on to this solution and perform the steps according to your case.
Case 1: If someone opens the company file in single-user mode in another workstation
- Try to close Quickbooks desktop on all computers.
- Open the company file through the host computer.
- In the next step, go to the File menu and choose to switch to the multi-user mode.
- Reboot the system if the issue is not resolved.
Case 2: Company file is opened in single-user mode in the host computer
- First of all, navigate to the File menu and choose a close company.
- Try to open the company file again.
- Now, the user needs to select open or restore company file from the file menu.
- Moving ahead open the company file and hit the next tab.
- Once done with the process, the user needs to choose the open file in multi-user mode.
Case 3: The company file is stored in a read-only network folder
- Navigate to the computer that is hosting the file.
- Launch that folder having the company file.
- Right-click on the folder and select properties.
- Moving on, hit the security tab and also select the user with login issues.
- Press the edit option.
- End the process by selecting allow and apply and then hit OK.
ALSO VISIT:-QuickBooks Error 6129
So, this is the guide through which you can easily tackle Quickbooks error 6839073 on your own. We hope that all these solutions will help you in resolving the error. But, if somehow the error still disturbing and annoying you then you can take the help of the Quickbooks customer care team for better help and guidance.