Quickbooks Error 6147- Causes, Symptoms, and Solutions
If you are wondering how to resolve the Quickbooks error 6147 then you are at the right place as we are going to help you with the best troubleshooting methods that will erase all the hindrances from the system caused by the error issue in no time. Now, without any further delay, let’s jumps into the basic definition of the error.
What is Quickbooks Error 6147
Quickbooks error 6147 enters into the system at the time of accessing and opening the client company file or their backup. Like, any other Quickbooks error, this error also occurs with some text that reads “This is not a Quickbooks data file or there is a problem with the data file. Please contact Reckon Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6147, 0).
Different Causes that lead to the Quickbooks Error Code 6147
These are the following reasons behind the error occurrence:
- There is an incorrect backup file path.
- Quickbooks desktop installation is improperly done.
- The backup file name is lowering than the 210 character limit.
- Corruption within the QB company file with .QBW extension.
Signs and Symptoms of Quickbooks Error 6147
- Windows is performing sluggishly.
- A sudden crash in the active window with the error code 6147.
- Frequents crash within the system.
- Windows becomes unresponsive to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
- The system shuts down suddenly.
How to Troubleshoot the Quickbooks error code 6147
Proceed to these solutions below and start the procedure with the step-by-step guide.
Solution 1: Try to Run Quickbooks File Doctor tool
The user has to install one of the dope tools offered by Intuit that will help the users in eradicating any kind of error issues from the system. With the Quickbooks file doctor tool, you can detect the issues with just some clicks.
- Navigate to the tool hub and hit the company file issue.
- Make a step forward and run the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Browse the file and choose to check your file.
- Hit continue, enter Quickbooks admin password and select the next tab.
Solution 2: Craft a backup file in a different location
- Ensure first that the system is not running over the multi-user environment.
- Try to restore the backup files that are stored in the system.
- Check the error is there or not.
- If the error message still appears on the system then try to modify the QB file name in a way that the letters are on the limit of 120 characters not more than them.
- At last, the user needs to verify the error code again.
Solution 3: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
With this yet another amazing tool, the user can easily rectify the issue. In order to use the tool, perform these steps:
- Try to open the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Move on to the installation issues.
- Choose Quickbooks Install diagnostic tool.
- Run the tool and then restart the system.
Solution 4: Transfer Quickbooks file to other location
- Verify that the system hosting is not done.
- Navigate to the Quickbooks application and select the file menu.
- After that, select Utilities and click on stop hosting multi-user.
- Try to restrict access to multi-user hosting.
- Hit on the yes tab.
- Try to choose the yes icon with the closed company file.
- At last, try to restore the present backup file in the system.
Solution 5: Renaming ADR files
- The first step that the user needs to do is to open the folder having Quickbooks company file.
- Search for .ADR folder.
- Try to access the folder and spot the recent ADR file.
- Perform a right-click on the file and rename it to .qbw.
Solution 6: Repairing .ND and .TLG
- Try to access the folder that consists of the Quickbooks company files.
- Navigate to the .ND and .TLG file.
- Right-click on the .ND file and try to rename it to .ND OLD.
- Do the same steps for .TLG file.
Solution 7: Set the Trend Micro Active Scan Settings
- Try to find out the location of the company file.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key and navigate to the Quickbooks icon.
- Then, try to open it.
- Move ahead by selecting desired company file from the drop-down menu.
- At last, open the trend micro active scan setting and add the exceptions in the folder.
ALSO READ:- Quickbooks Error 6123 0
After performing every solution, the user needs to check if the error persists or not. If the Quickbooks error 6147 still showing on even after performing these seven solutions then the user can take help from the Quickbooks customer care team as they will provide you better guidance and resolve the error issue in no time.