How to Fix Quickbooks error code 6123 0 PERMANENTLY
Quickbooks error 6123 can be quite risky for the system and the data stored in the software. In order to tackle the consequences of the error issue, the user needs to read the full guide containing everything related to the error.
What is Quickbooks error 6123
Quickbooks error 6123 enters into the system during the task of accessing the company file in multi-user mode or during upgrading the company file to a newer version of Quickbooks.
Like any other error, this error can also interrupt the working procedure and appear due to some factors that trigger the error. In order to know about what is the reason behind the error occurrence, jumps into the next section.
What triggers Quickbooks error 6123 0
Listed below are some of the main reasons responsible for the error text of Quickbooks error 6123 0.
- If Windows OS becomes damaged then lead to the error.
- Running multiple versions of Quickbooks database service in the wrong manner.
- When the user trying to restore the backup from a flash drive and from the removable storage device then also the error issue occurs.
- If there is a checkmark on the Black web bugs filter or it is selected in the McAfee antivirus then you can have the error issue.
- Due to the security reasons of the firewall.
- Having damaged or corrupted Quickbooks files.
- Modify the name of the computer system which is used for hosting the QB file during the period when hosting is enabled.
How can you fix Quickbooks error 6123, 0
Below are 9 solutions that will help you to fix Quickbooks error 6123, 0. Perform every step carefully and remove the error from your system.
Rename .ND and .TLG
- Navigate to the folder consists of the Quickbooks file.
- Click on the file with extension .ND.
- Right-click on the file and select the rename.
- Now, try to rename .ND file as .ND.OLD and .TLG.OLD.
- Finally, you can access the Quickbooks company file.
Auto Data Recovery
The error issue can also appear if the auto data recovery file is corrupted. By restoring .ADR copy of the file, the user can easily resolve the error issue. So, try to resolve the issue with this method.
Reinstall Quickbooks Application
Make sure to acquire the Product and license number of Quickbooks before proceeding with this solution.
- The first step that the user needs to do is to go to the control panel and uninstall that QB that is currently running in the system.
- Now, download the Quickbooks variant according to your preference.
- Try to install the Quickbooks in normal mode.
- Move towards to product ID and license number and enter the correct orders.
- After filling in these credentials, your Quickbooks will become registered and ready to use.
- At last, double-click on the company file to open it.
Remove characters from the file name
- Less than 30 characters should be included in the company file name.
- Try to exclude any space or special characters.
Run Quick Fix my Programs
- Close the company file.
- Try to download the updated version of the Quickbooks tool hub and locate the file from where you can get it easily.
- Open the file and click on the agree tab to continue with the installation procedure.
- Double-click on the tool, navigate to the program problems, and select Quick fix my program.
- Finally, try to open Quickbooks.
Recover the company file
- First, try to move the backup file to the local hard drive.
- If the user again encounters Quickbooks error 6123, 0 during restoring a backup.qbb then access the QB on the system that is used to create the backup of the file.
- Move to the original company file and open it.
- Create a portable copy of the QB file.
- Try to open Quickbooks desktop on the new system.
- Finally, restore the QB file through a portable copy instead of a backup.
Create a new window user
- Open the control panel.
- Select create a new account in the user icon.
- Click on the administrator for user type.
- Log out from the existing account.
- Restart the system and enter new user credentials to log in.
- Move the company file to the desktop.
- Move to Quickbooks and access the company file.
Disable System Security Programs
McAfee security software is another major cause that leads to Quickbooks error 6123. So, the user only requires to disable it and other system security programs that provide hindrances to the procedure.
Permission for Quickbooks folder
To perform this solution, the user must navigate to the host computer to open the folder that contains the Quickbooks desktop company file and allow full access to the user with Quickbooks database server manager user.
Also visit :- QuickBooks Error 6147
We hope that with these 9 solutions, you can easily resolve Quickbooks error 6123 0. But, still, the error message prompts up in the device then you must contact the Quickbooks customer care team for further guidance.